Image Map

Thursday 2 July 2009

Up the garden path..........

"Our England is a garden and such gardens are not made
By singing:- "Oh how beautiful" and sitting in the shade"
Rudyard Kipling, "The Glory of the Garden










I thought that, as we are having such a wonderful summer, you might like to see some photos of my garden.
I haven't done much gardening this week as it is too hot for anything too energetic !! Also,as you may remember, Wimbledon is on, so not a lot gets done in my house for this fortnight, but the weather is about to break and get a little cooler and Wimbledon finishes on Sunday, so, it will be back to normal and out into the garden.
Jackie



7 comments:

  1. Oh, your blog is just gorgeous, love all the images! And your garden is beautiful.

    Thanks for the lovely message on my blog.

    Still can't believe you mentioned "Of Special Interest"......every time we drive past it on a Sunday my husband knows I am going to ask him to stop - they have such gorgeous things in their window always!!!

    I did a post earlier this week on my blog about some lovely shabby chic pieces of furniture I had seen, you might like them too.

    Yes, the weather is fabulous isn't it....phew!

    Thanks for following my blog, I am fairly new blogger but I LOVE it - there's a whole new world out there to be discovered isn't there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous garden [and blog]. I am missing summer so will need to come here for a bit of sunshine!! Thanks again for visiting me! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely garden you have! Gardening is one my very favorite things to do as well.. And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.. I love the Beatles and other classics and have certainly made sure my daughters hear and know of their music as well as many other classics... the music today is just not the same.. incomparable actually.. I love your blog and am certainly adding you to my favorite blog list! So glad you stopped by! Take care..
    xx
    Jolena

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can see the love that went into it!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie ~ I am just swooning over your blog(its my new word!)& your beautiful garden. Thanks for creating a inspiring place to vist. I will be back often.
    :) Cate

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is breathtaking, Jacqueline! So nice to have you visit my blog today! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your garden. The expanse of lawn reminds me of Helen Dillon's garden before she put in the rill.

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    ReplyDelete