Image Map

Wednesday 8 July 2009

A little too much to take..........

I thought that I would leave Victorian Splendour for a while as I think it was a bit too much for some of you !!!! We will come back to it at a later date. But back to simplicity and clean lines. This is more like it, isn't it ? There is still a little touch of the theatrical but, because the rest is so simple, it just gives it some ooommph and also something to stimulate the mind. Many of the minimal looks offer nothing for discussion. Nothing beautiful to look at and stimulate. I think that this house could do with more pictures and object d'art but there are still some lovely little touches.Thinking of the lace in yesterdays post, this lace is very similar but looks completely different.

The candles, wall light and little lamp really give this room a lovely ambiance.

A little touch of the U.K. on the floor. The Union Jack is so big in interiors at the moment, isn't it ?


Oooops. There it is again !! And look at those great shutters.




......... finally, the kitchen and what a kitchen. What I wouldn't give for a kitchen like that. It is still traditional but so now. Hope you didn't miss the Victorian Splendour !!!!
Jackie




14 comments:

  1. Everytime I see your name, Jackie, I think of my little dog. Anyway, I love the photos of this house. For me, simplicity is the key to a quiet and peaceful feel to a home. My home is white and simple in it's decor and a lot of people who come through tell me how peaceful it feels. My dog, Jackie, loved a quiet home. He felt safe in it. Thanks for sharing these photos. They are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty pics!! I hope you have a fabulous day!! Huge hugs!! Britt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore those white painted floor boards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love these photos! The photo with the UK rug is just lovely :) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the photo that says "a little touch of the U.K." on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the shutters.. Oh how I would love to find some for my home.. gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics Jackie - I love the whole Union Jack thing, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the white is perfect! Thanks for your feedback today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh fabulous post Jackie!! And that kitchen - I "ooohed" out loud when I saw that!! All that space....wow!!! LOVE the Union Jack rug - that whole room actually.....am going to definitely be doing my childrens rooms with painted floorboards next time. Love the shutters - both the ones on the wall and those on the windows.....beautiful :)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog today.....any wedding that involves the words "barn" and "white lights" must have been a gorgeous one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. beeeeeeeeeeyoutiful!!! and i love the candelabras! i never see those, so i need to come back here often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yes, that kitchen is the best !

    xx

    ReplyDelete