Image Map

Friday 24 July 2009

AND THE WINNER IS ....................

' JACQUELINE '
Oh my goodness .................... I've won .........

.........I'm going to have to negotiate that staircase ..................


............... in my Alexander McQueen heels .............. I need some Dutch courage .........




............. if only I'd worn my bottle opener shoes , I could have had a quick slurp.... purely for medicinal reasons !!!!

............... and why did I wear this dress with the ghostly veil......... I can't see a thing.......


............ thank goodness , I've made it.........
....... GEORGE GIVES ME THE OSCAR ........
" Thank you so much George " ( Air kiss George's cheeks both sides a la Francais stylee )......
.........." I would like to thank ( sob sob ) my husband and children for supporting me and( sob sob ) to be in the company of such talented people who were up for this award, is so amazing
( sob sob sob )" .......................
Jackie wakes up................ Oh, it was all a dream, but when Jackie looks at her favourite blogs , she finds that one of her favourite blogging compatriots, Julie at Being Ruby , has given her a Blog Award !!!! Julies posts are some of the funniest and most enjoyable to read in blogland and she is one great blogger. Her photographs are inspiring and beautiful. Thank you so much , Julie , for my award, and for being a great, supportive friend.
Now, because I have been given an award , it falls upon me to bestow awards on others, so here goes :
JULIE at beingruby
JANET at frenchblue
MILLIE at thelaurelhedge
LAURA at 52flea
and last but definitely not least
MELISSA at reverie
Thanks so much, all of you for being so supportive through my blogging journey. I feel as if I have made so many new friends and look forward to reading all of your posts in the future. There are quite a few more of you that I would like to have given an award to, but I think that I have probably gone way over my quota of how many I'm meant to give awards to , but , I think that you all know who you are and I want to thank you all for your comments and hope you will continue to come over to HOME and visit often.( even though you didn't get an award !!!! )
......and finally....
................ this is a bit of a boasting Mother thing but, this is my son who works for the BBC and won a SONY RADIO ACADEMY AWARD , which is the Academy awards for Radio and very prestigious. The presentation dinner was held at The Grosvenor Hotel in Grosvenor Square , London, and he received his award from Chris Evans ( who won two awards himself ) Some of you might not have heard of him , but he is very famous here in the U.K. ....so well done Daniel....we are all very proud of you. ( he will hate me for putting this photograph on my blog. I think that a few bottles of beer and red wine had been consumed by the time he went up to collect his award, so he is looking a little worse for wear !!!! ) X
Jackie









26 comments:

  1. Oh honey, the staircase the shoes the gown .... the bottle opener!! Where do I start .... Congratulations my dear, so well deserved.

    HUGE CONGRATULATIONS Daniel, totally awesome job!
    xxx DJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaaaaY, You!! Well deserved. Enjoy that staircase and those heels! Love it! Happy weekend xxx kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jacqueline....

    THANK YOU! What an honor to receive an award from you and your stunning blog! And to be amongst the list of other gorgeous blog winners...this is the ultimate kick-off to a weekend.

    And huge kudos to your Daniel, I love BBC!

    Bisous,
    Melissa

    P.S. Can I borrow those shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your son, Jackie! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo to you Jac, richly deserved! And to your big boy for his Award too. Thank you for passing on the One Lovely Blog Award, what a sweet thing you are.
    Millie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are toooo funny!!! A well deserved award. You and Julie are one of my favorite blogs and I so love getting to know you. Thank you so much for passing the torch.
    Those Alexander McQueen shoes are killer and he's one of my favorite designers.
    Congratulations on Daniels win...Bravo!!!!
    Talent runs in the family I see.
    xo,
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to Daniel ( a cutie by the by..) & to you to lovely lady!!! Thank you for passing it on to me but mostly thank you for starting your blog so I could find another kindred crazy spirit to romp with on the web!!!
    Mc Queen shoes are divine but sweetie remember all the actresses sit in their seats without them on. A friend has been a seat filler at the Oscars & its her favorite dish to spill.
    Have a lovely summer weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Jackie. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement over my way too. I see you are enjoying your award night but stay away from George, I've heard he is trouble! I would of stopped by earlier but have recovering from all the partying! Well I can see the apple didn't fall far from the tree. Congratulations to your son on his Sony award! What a nice mummy you are! Have Fun. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jackie!!! Where do I begin?
    As a mother, I need to congratulate you first on your son winning such a prestigious award...Good job Mom!
    Next,I need to congratulate you for your lovely blog award...Much deserved!
    Last, but certainly not least...Thank you for including me in your list. I am very, very flattered!
    You have also been supportive through my blogging journey...Thank you, sincerely.
    It gives me great pleasure to read your blog, each and every day Jackie! I truly look forward to see what's goin' on tomorrow in the UK...;) Have a wonderful weekend! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jackie, thank you so much....firstly very well done on your award.....and you have made my morning with mine :)

    You know that I absolutely love your blog so I am sure this is just the first of many awards....you have great style and wonderful humour....blogging is perfect for you :)

    How exciting for your son to win an award....did you go to the dinner/presentation? I am sure you are bursting with pride, I know I would be! And how cool to receive his award from Chris Evans, I have always found him funny and I love his radio show.

    Right, now where's that Mr Clooney, I heard he gets to kiss the new award recipients....I am sure Julie is quite right with her advice that he's trouble but sometimes as they say....."obey all the rules, then you miss all the fun" ;)

    "George, there you are darling.....now, let's find a quiet corner away from all these gorgeous ladies......" :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. bravo!

    I think I have found a new blog that i love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet you are..Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations !!!
    you DESERVE it .
    ..and one for me?
    you are the sweetest,
    and have been so supportive to me through these last 2 weeks.
    thank you.
    love, renee xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jacqueline
    Greetings from Coimbatore,India. I reached you through Boardinghouse. You have a great blog.The pics are exquisite and loved them.The one showing three pairs of hands is outstanding. You are welcome to visit my blog. Have a great day. Ram

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have the best sense of humor dear Jackie!
    No surprise that your won an award as you & your incredibly entertaining blog deserve it. I am thrilled to receive the honor you bestowed upon me, you made my weekend. I do however need to indulge in a pair of heels with the bottle opener to pop my pink champagne. Your Daniel is such a handsome guy. Bravo to him & to you & your husband. What a huge accomplishment! Many thanks Jackie; I am so happy that we've become friends XX deb :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, my dear, it is well deserved. I love that George Clooney made it into this post(!) And congrats to you son - you must be so proud! Hope you're having a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Jackie!
    Thank you for your lovely response on my Italy post :)
    No, unfortunately my in-laws didn't have a restaurant in Winchmore Hill altho they almost definitely would have known the people who did!! Most of the people who came to London from Bardi and the surrounding area came to Crouch End (where my in-laws lived), Southgate, Winchmore Hill, Enfield, Whetstone...all those areas.
    What was the name of the restaurant you were thinking of - we went to a friend's 40th a few years at a great Italian restaurant in Winchmore Hill.....small world isn't it!!
    I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy - I would love love love to visit that area.... when the children are older or even left home (!)....or maybe even just me and Mr George C - whoops, sorry, that's just in my dreams ;) !!

    Have a wonderful time - can't wait to see photos when you get back :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. BRAVO, BRAVO !!! totally deserved as your blog is wonderful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats. This is my first time visiting your blog. I like it. It's very cool. Hope you had a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your blog is always a pleasure to read...well deserved! Congratulations to your son - what an honour! Ax

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, how wonderful! How do you girls get so incredibly talented and creative??? What a wonderful post my friend~
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dearest Jackie~
    Congratulations on your Award!! AND Congratulations on Daniels Award!!
    What a special surprise to be reading one of my favorite corners and seeing me here! THANK YOU for my Award!!
    Thank you for this honor to be seen by your incredible eyes & mind. I am blushing here and so grateful to have met you and know you in this very special world I have entered. We are all winners today!
    Y e a!!
    XOX's
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  23. You funny girl!!!
    Congrats on the award...well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats and put together so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats to you and.. the kid :) He must be 12 because you look far to young to be his mom. I like your staircase, so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. typo "too" above - sigh...

    ReplyDelete