Image Map

Thursday 4 November 2021

BRIAN & ROGER ..... MY PODCAST GUILTY PLEASURE ..... read the text before watching the video ..........


This might not be of much interest to many of you but, I wanted to tell you about my new podcast guilty pleasure. It's called Brian and Roger and is written by Harry Peacock and Dan Skinner.

Here's a quick synopsis .....

Brian & Roger met at a support meeting for divorced men.

Roger was attending because he was genuinely grieving the loss of his marriage.

Brian was instructed to attend by his solicitor if he wanted to dodge paying alimony.

Roger is in need of guidance and support which Brian willingly supplies.

Both are starting again.

Both are finding it hard.

One of them is nice !

Described as ' Best British comedy happening right now ' { Daily Telegraph }

They are now performing it at The Menier Chocolate Factory in London ..... a great off West End theatre which we have been to many times, in a former 1870's Menier Chocolate Factory ..... one of the most dynamic fringe venues in London.

There are about 50 podcasts and I have binge listened to all of them !!!

There aren't many available to upload to my blog and this isn't the best one but I have chosen one of the milder ones { don't want to offend any sensitive souls out there !!! } for you to get a taster. Also, just to say that Anne is a 93 year old lady that Roger lives with !!!









XXXX 

25 comments:

  1. I prefer David Sedaris. This particular example didn't sell Roger and Brian to me. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admit this isn’t one of the funniest ones as there were only a couple available to upload but I do find them funny ….. we don’t all find the same things funny. XXXX

      Delete
    2. Perhaps I should find another one to listen to! X

      Delete
    3. They are all of the same ilk so it might not be your thing ! I probably shouldn't have done a post about it as we all find different things funny so it might not appeal to many. I probably have a weird sense of humour 🀣 !!! XXXX

      Delete
    4. I wonder if they were Mighty Boosh fans which I did like.

      Delete
    5. I find Sedaris's voice very annoying. He'd probably find mine annoying too.

      Delete
  2. This podcast seems a bit sad and pensive. I've no experience with support groups. That said, many friends went through divorce and spoke either very angrily or slap happy about it. There was lots of retaliation and sometimes it was funny but not always. I'll watch a few more podcasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are very sad Susan as in all comedy. I’m thinking this post might have been a bad idea 😬 πŸ˜‚ XXXX

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, Jackie, I am always glad when someone gives a tip for some comedy - love it. (Though the one voice is quite gloomy and depressive). It reminds me a bit (only a bit) of "Grace and Frankie" - I have all their DVDs - so funny. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Britta ….. I’m so pleased you like it ….. I thought I was going to be the only one !!!!! If you listen to anymore of them you will see that they get worse and much ruder πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚Brian is a bully and gets Tiger to do some awful things !!! It’s obviously not only clothes that we have in commen ! πŸ₯° XXXX

      Delete
    2. That’s Roger not Tiger !!!! XXXX

      Delete
    3. I heartily agree to things in common! XXXX

      Delete
    4. I think I need to listen to a ruder one Jackie!

      Delete
    5. Haha !!! I have to say the very rude ones are the funniest ! There were only two that could be uploaded. Thanks for humouring ( pardon the pun ) me ! XXXX

      Delete
  4. Sounds like something I can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 🀣🀣🀣 lovefrom me Ria πŸ’‹

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does your thesis paper feel like a burden to you? Then, don't worry, thesis helpers are always there for the rescue. But, the issue is to find the best online thesis paper writing helper, as the internet is filled with a lot of thesis helpers. So, trusting anyone to complete your thesis paper, which is going be a crucial part of your academic score, is highly risky. Hence, before finalizing your thesis writing helper, make possess the following qualities.
    Always go for experienced thesis help online, as they can brew you a unique and original thesis out of the topic given. Moreover, an experienced thesis helping service has a fleet of professional writers who have mastered this task.
    Secondly, make sure the service provider can meet your demands and expectations. This can be checked by seeing the previous clients' reviews or some of the previous papers written by the thesis helpers.
    Thirdly, in thesis help, the most crucial thing is client service apart from the content quality. Opt for that online thesis help that can offer you 24/7 client support. Lastly, reputation defines quality, as building reputation depends on the quality of tasks and services offered, including the cost as well. So, always trust reputed services to get your task done on time with uniqueness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really appreciate your professional approach.These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.
    Thai Boxing_αž”្រដាαž›់តាαž˜αž’αž“αž‘ាαž‰

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh good man! your blog's is really pretty. may i know you contact details for future contact
    #satta king

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check this website for Exam current affairs and use this free seo tool for your site to increase ranking. check best Insurance Plans for your family

    ReplyDelete