Image Map

Monday 21 January 2019

CATKINS, CATS and QUIET ..........



I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to write about. January is nearly always a quiet month. I have been doing all of the usual mundane, everyday things but, you all do the same so I'm sure that you don't want to hear about that.


I bought four of these hellebore's at Christmas as they are lovely to decorate the house with. Two of them have gone over so, I just braved the cold and planted them in the garden. When I was out there, I noticed  .....


..... these catkins on our hazel, swaying about in the chilly breeze. We have never had any catkins on it before so, hopefully, we will get some hazelnuts. 

Catkins .....cats ...... nice link ?!!!!

We have had three cats .....



Jaffa was our first cat ..... we got him by default as my friend had got two kittens from a friend whose cat had had kittens .... one for her and one for a neighbour. But, the neighbour decided she didn't want him and nor did anyone else so, we had him and he was a lovely cat.
Then, same friend went away to Greece for her Summer holiday. Her cat was about to have kittens so, she left cardboard boxes out all around her home and gave me the key to water her plants and to check on her cat. I turned up one day, no sign of the cat, no sign of kittens in any of the boxes ..... checked upstairs and she had had the kittens in the middle of my friends bed ..... five kittens and placenta everywhere !!!!! I had to take the duvet to the laundrette as it wouldn't fit in the washing machine ...... I got some very funny looks while I was stuffing the duvet, covered in blood and fluids into the machine { she did throw the duvet away in the end you'll be pleased to know !!! }
Anyway, I had to take five kittens and the mum home as I didn't want to leave them there all on their own. We looked after them for about six weeks as the vet said it wouldn't be fair to move them. The runt of the litter struggled and, we did our best, with hot water and hot water bottles but she died. In the end, we ended up with two of the litter .....



..... Dilly .....



..... and Woody .....

all lovely cats, but all gone now. 


XXXX







image 1: via pinterest , all other images via me


Jackie

23 comments:

  1. They look like some lovely cats you had Jackie. I like to have them in twos and threes and more, all at the same time. Makes a nice family me and them. That catkins picture is clever; it looks like spaghetti hanging from the tree like the old BBC April Fools Day joke. It reminded me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel ..... they were all lovely cats ...... I don’t want anymore pets as I get really upset when they go .... I know that sounds wimpy but I do. I feel for Cro as I know exactly how it feels.
      I remember the April Fools joke about the spaghetti tree .... it does look like that. XXXZx

      Delete
  2. You cannot go wrong with cats around here. That is one of the least irritating gifs I have seen as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all animals and they were such lovely cats Tom but, as I said to Rachel, I get so upset when our pets die that I can’t have anymore. XXXX

      Delete
  3. I suppose this is why, subconsciously, I have always had male neutered pets! I shall take a different route for my morning walk today, to see if we too have catkins. Somehow I think not yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of our pets have been male. I was so happy to see the catkins .... they are really long and cheer up the garden in the Winter. Hope that you are feeling a bit cheerier Cro ..... I know just how you feel. XXXX

      Delete
  4. It doesn't matter what you write, Jackie. Your photos are always so wonderful. I love the hellebore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Shawn ..... that’s really kind. I do love a good photo ! XXXX

      Delete
  5. Sweet CAT’s.....lovely helleborus...happy week love from me Ria 💕💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ria ..... I love hellebores ...... wishing you s happy week 💕 XXXX

      Delete
  6. Handsome-looking cats, all! I tried growing hellebores for a time but it was a labour of love; we were at the edge of their climatic zone but the soil was too sandy. I was intrigued by them at a plant fair and had to have some. Maybe I should try again in the city but just as a potted Lenten Rose when the time comes. I've never seen catkins; they're just a fairytale word in my world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were lovely cats but I just get so upset when pets die so, no more.
      I had a magnificent hellebore for years and then, one year, it died !!! I shall plant these four out in the garden and see how they go. The catkins were such a surprise .... we have had the hazel for many years and not a catkin to be seen and then, there they were. I’ll let you know if we get any hazelnuts !!!! XXXX

      Delete
  7. Jacqueline.....that girl is our neighbour friend from our shop...she always come and letting the dogs out ...she is also our little friend she come often to our home and be there for a while last week of December she has stayed with us and Trevor and Leaf really like her ...and hoped she never must go home 😍😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sorry Ria .... I thought that it might have been you . So nice to have such a lovely friend who helps you out in the shop and with the dogs. Your dogs are so beautiful. 🐶 XXXX

      Delete
  8. Good day !!
    We are Christian Organization formed to help people in need of help,such as
    financial assistance, Do you need a loan to pay your bills? Do you need
    Personal Business Car or Student loans? Need a loan for various other
    purposes? If yes contact us today.
    Please these is for serious minded and God fearing People only.
    Email: (jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com)
    Text or call: +1-586-331-5557.
    Address is 68 Fremont Ave Penrose CO, 81240.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This blog is definitely entertaining and also factual. I have picked a bunch of helpful advices out of this source. I ad love to come back again and again. Thanks! http://www.mencariuang.web.id/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again for the blog.Thanks Again. Much obliged. http://www.networkhunter.web.id/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I truly appreciate this article post. osg777 Really looking forward to read more. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful points most people wrote in this article... Great items.

    Foreign Currency Exchange San Francisco

    ReplyDelete