Image Map

Tuesday 16 January 2018

BY INVITATION ..... UNITY ..........








This month, our By Invitation subject is Unity .....



For me, the first thought that came to mind was unifying around the table .....


I am lucky that our children and grandchildren live close enough for regular gatherings and, even though other members of my family are a little further afield, we do meet up and food is a major part of the proceedings !
Sitting around the table with the people you love the most has many physical and emotional benefits and, the added bonus is that it involves delicious food and drink !!
Unity around the table brings all ages together where we can share our news and emotions, catch up, relieve stress and keep our friendships strong. 


Sharing a meal is universal, allowing us to discuss how our day has been, sharing a bit of gossip over pasta and a glass of wine with friends ..... to break bread suggests communication and dialogue.
I admit that I am guilty of being lazy and not inviting our friends over enough so, let 2018 be the year of more dinner parties, get togethers and lunches with friends and family and to unite more with those closest to us.




Unity chez moi !!!





For more on our By Invitation January theme on Unity, pop over to Wolfie's blog Daily Plate of Crazy 

XXXX







image 1: via gottman, image 2: via jillcookshere, image 3: via bread and olives




Jackie




25 comments:

  1. Even our littlest family member is enjoying this day of outrdoor fun and relaxation!wood fence installation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more, those big family meals are the best of times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that you would agree Cro !!! We will be having another gathering soon ..... I need to sort out what to cook. XXXX

      Delete
  3. Love LOVE this Jackie . . .
    Passing on the quote to others . . .
    And I so totally agree . . . sitting around a table, with family, friends,
    all ages . . . is ‘unity’ at its best . . .
    One of my kiddies once asked . . . “what’s the secret of a good marriage”
    and I answered .. . “sitting together at the table each day.”
    Did I say . . . I loved this . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is unity at it's best, isn't it Lynne ? I must do it even more this year. If only all of our blogging friends live nearby .... what a gathering that would be !! XXXX

      Delete
  4. Gathering together over food is the best way to discuss differences and remember all we share in common. I love this take on unity, Jackie! I think that if more of us could sit down together over good food and drink, we would find so much in common. And so much love and enjoyment!

    Thank you for this wonderful reminder!

    xo
    Wolfie
    (Daily Plate of Crazy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how everyone’s take on the subject of Unity are so different ..... this is what I love about BIO ! XXXX

      Delete
  5. There is nothing I love more that the unity around a table. Good food and good friends are the perfect combination! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always Nice to be..eat with your friends....lovely week love Ria x ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eating with friends and family is the best isn’t it Ria ?
      Have a lovely week. XXXX

      Delete
  7. I love this! And although I really don't do NY resolutions, I've decided to host gatherings around the table more often this year -- beyond family, whom we already enjoy feeding often. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t do NY resolutions either but want to be better at inviting people round for lunch/dinner !! Like you, family come fairly regularly but must invite friends round more ! XXXX

      Delete
  8. Such beautiful photos, Jacqueline. Makes me want to pull up a chair and tuck in:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’d love to see you at my table Susan. If only .... XXXX

      Delete
  9. Ahhh, yes, the dining table. This is where I learned some of my most valuable lessons. My dad required we have a discussion of current events between ourselves for a few minutes of the dinner. We had to listen to every view point, make comments and, therefore, learn. Isn't it just tragic that our evening meal has been diminished so much ? xx's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the family sitting around the dinner table seems to be happening less and less now days doesn’t it Marsha ? Rather sad I think. XXXX

      Delete
  10. Jacqueline, I found great ideas in your post! Nice job! Let me reveal something new today! Did you know that you can print your favorite images! Did you know that you can print favorite photos of your work and hang them on the wall as canvas prints? Bring your ideas into real life, with an option to print even extra large photo pictures

    ReplyDelete
  11. The more the merrier; the louder the laughter. But never more than 12 seated around the table, otherwise people tend to only speak to the person seated next to them only.
    Greetings Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty projects,Thank you for the tutorial and for sharing !

    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found great ideas in your post! Nice job! Let me reveal something new today! Did you know that you can print your favorite images! Did you know that you can print favorite photos of your work and hang them on the wall as canvas prints? Bring your ideas into real life, with an option to print even ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank for providing good information for site,Thanks for your sharing.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete